Where Seattle’s upzones would take place
The Seattle City Council is considering legislation that would make changes in 27 urban villages and some other areas while imposing new requirements on developers to help create affordable housing. The changes would occur across various density levels. Most land now zoned exclusively for single-family homes would not be affected.
- Level 0: Single-family homes
- Level 1: Residential small-lot homes
- Level 2: Low-rise buildings* and neighborhood commercial buildings under 30'
- Level 3: Denser low-rise buildings* and neighborhood commercial buildings under 55'
- Level 4: Height limits between 55' and 95'
- Level 5: Height limits over 95'
* Under the plan, the city’s low-rise zones (LR1, LR2 and LR3) would be redefined to allow more density.